The WAY Christian School is registered as a non-profit company (PBO) and no income from school fees or donations are for the benefit of private individuals. This enables the school to channel all its income to attract educators of the highest quality and to develop facilities, both inside and outside of the classrooms, for the benefit of our learners.
The Management of the School has embarked on an aggressive expansion drive to increase the number of learners attending the School, and especially to erect state-of-the-art facilities in the short to medium term (both in-door and out-door) that will greatly expand our ability to meet the growing need for high-level education as well as sport and extra mural activities. We are in process of acquiring land adjacent to the School (on 229 Erasmus Street, Raslouw, Centurion, South Africa) and will require a great deal of funding to fulfil our vision. Conceptual development plans are discussed and shown in the paragraphs below.
We invite you to partner with The WAY Christian School to help us achieve our dream by making donations in one or more of the ways we indicate herein.
Education in crisis in SA
Education has been identified as one of the single most important services required to build a better future for South Africa. Public education programmes are not coping adequately to this very urgent need to educate our young people.
South Africa’s education system is in a state of crisis. The World Economic Forum claims that the country is at the bottom of the class in it’s quality of maths and science education, and there are concerns about the high drop-out rates in schools with nearly half of all school pupils dropping out long before they can reach their matric year. Click for more information
Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) TIMSS is a cross-national study that measures trends in mathematics and science achievement in grade 8. It has been conducted every four years since 1995. The TIMSS results can be compared over time and between countries, and have been described as the ‘gold standard’ when it comes to testing techniques.
In 2011, 48 countries participated in TIMSS. South Africa came 47th for mathematics and 48th for science. The Human Sciences Research Council noted that the “most proficient learners in South Africa approached the average performance in Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Republic of Korea, Japan, Finland, Slovenia and [the] Russian Federation”. Click for more information
THE WAY Christian School has thus committed itself, to expanding its services of providing holistic education of the highest standards, and to develop into an education facility that will contribute meaningfully to help alleviate this great need in our society. The School has already achieved recognition for its results in maths, science innovation, and economic and management sciences, and wants to build on this strength to do its part in assisting parents in developing young people of ethical character with a high level of academic, cultural and physical qualifications, thus building a better future for our children and for the nation as a whole.
While we plan to offer all the courses needed for holistic primary and secondary education, the great need is surely in science, mathematics, and economic sciences. These areas of education have always been strengths at THE WAY Christian School and we will endeavour to build on this further.
Conceptual Development Plans
Figure 2 and Figure 3 show the conceptual design of new school buildings and development plan, involving the purchase of properties adjacent to the present site used by the school. Detailed cost calculations have not yet been made, but the estimates given below are based on wide experience by some of the directors of The WAY, and with reference to similar developments in recent times.
Brief description of development plans
1. The School is presently based on premises rented from Highway Church and this will continue indefinitely. The capacity of these buildings will allow the School to grow up to 250 pupils or more (if temporary classrooms are used).
2. Acquisition of land immediately adjacent to Highway Church where the school is based (about 1.7 Ha). This process has already started.
3. Development of netball and tennis courts on this land.
4. Modifying existing buildings on the land to increase the capacity of the school to accommodate an additional 400 learners.
5. Installation of roads, security fencing and parking facilities on this land. Refer to Figure 4 for the conceptual plans on the above mentioned property.
6. Erection and equipping of science laboratories and a media centre.
7. Acquisition of additional land next to the above-mentioned site (about 2 Ha).
8. Development of a multi-purpose sports field and pavilion on this land.
9. Erection of additional classrooms, assembly hall and parking to increase capacity of the School by another 400 pupils. Figure 5 shows the conceptual site plan for phases 7-9.
10. Acquisition of additional land and development of a second multi-purpose sports field with parking facilities. Refer to Figure 6 below.
11. The ultimate development will then comprise facilities and lay-out as shown in Figure 3 above. There will be room to increase capacity of learners to about 1 500 with classrooms for approximately 20 learners per class; 490 parking bays, a 1 000 seat assembly hall; 2 multi-purpose sports fields, 3 tennis courts; 3 netball courts, and all internal roads and gardens.
Figure 4: Proposed new tennis courts and netball courts
Figure 5 – Development Plan for Multi-purpose sports field and additional buildings for High School
How you can help The WAY Christian School in this development programme
Below is a list of alternative methods that enables you, our parents, friends, and donors from anywhere in the world, to partner with us in fulfilling our vision. Please will you consider contributing to one or more of these alternatives:
Description of Donation
Value in ZAR
Value in USD
Contributing a once-off cash donation of any amount
Offering a scholarship to a qualifying child
R 3 500 pm / R 45 000 pa
$ 250 pm / $ 3 000 pa
Sponsoring a new science laboratory including the equipment required for the science lab.
R 750 000
$ 50 000
Contribute in cash or in kind to provide for security fencing around the proposed new property.
R 500 000
$ 33 000
Contribute in cash or in kind to provide for paving for entrance roads and parking areas for the first land acquisition.
R 500 000
$ 33 000
Contribute in cash or in kind for earthworks required to level the grounds for the tennis courts and netball courts.
R 500 000
$ 33 000
Contribute to erecting new tennis courts.
R 450 000
$ 30 000
Contribute in cash or in kind for earthworks required to level the grounds for the new multi-purpose sports field.
R 1 000 000
$ 66 000
Contribute towards the cost of establishing a new multi-purpose sports field.
R 1 500 000
$ 100 000
Contribute towards the cost of erecting separate buildings and assembly hall for the high school.
R 8 000 000
$ 530 000
Donations can be made by making once-off or regular payments via our payment links bellow.
I am very impressed with their model and believe that the rest of South Africa could ...Good day, This email is very long overdue. I would like the take this opportunity to thank the staff of The Way Christian school for the ...
The Way Christian School was established in January, 1998 with only 40 learners meeting for its first Assembly. Today, our core values and Mission Statement remain the same, but many things have changed since those early days. Classes have been kept small in order to create an environment in which learners are able to develop as individuals within the given structures and parameters. Our staff has however, grown considerably since those early years and close on 300 learners now form part of our school family.